Sunday, April 10, 2011

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!

One of B's friends got married in Birmingham yesterday, so we booked a room, loaded up half our home, a babysitter, and headed north. Ella Kate's got a nasty cough and the medicine I gave her yesterday morning put her out for most of the trip. That was unintentional, but it did make for an easy ride. We took our time, stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and then hit the Galleria. Our friend, Andrea, came to meet us for a little while. So we visited and shopped. Ella Kate walked away with all the purchases for the weekend. They tell me that's just the way it is. I "really needed" a pair of shoes for the wedding so we searched Birmingham over for a Shoe Carnival. (I found a pair in Dothan, but they were out of my size.) We located one and set out for it...drove "all the way around Birmingham" according to my husband and guess what. No Shoe Carnival. So we got all checked in, set Cheyenne and Ella Kate up for a night in, and got ready for the wedding. We knew we were cutting it close on time, but the GPS had us arriving with minutes to spare...until we ran up on that DETOUR sign. We still made it. Finally found the entrance to one of the prettiest churches I have ever seen, and enjoyed a very sweet ceremony. The wedding and reception were beautiful. And it was nice to get all dressed up and not have spit up or baby food on my clothes. EK slept fairly well in bed with us on our full size bed. Bradley, however, was a different story. As was I. Around 3ish I heard our neighbors, obviously arriving back from a hopping reception, shouting "Roll Tide" in the hall. Ella Kate paid them back around 6 this morning. As we passed them checking out, I tried to work up the nerve to greet them with a "Roll Tide" but couldn't. Bradley would have scolded me anyway. We took our time coming home and Ella Kate and I caught a nap after we got all unpacked back at home. She's now sitting with Bradley and wearing nothing but a diaper. She thinks she's in heaven. We have plans to see some Crenshaw County folks later in the week and I am pumped. I miss them ; ) most of them. And it's always nice to visit. Hope you all have a week that you're looking forward to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment