Monday, December 28, 2009
On Christmas Eve morning, I got some quiet time by myself as Bradley headed off to a men's breakfast to see some old friends. This is something that was started 13 years ago. It's become a tradition. He really enjoyed seeing everyone.
When he got home, we exchanged gifts. He got a subscription to the Dothan Eagle and clothes. I got a new camera and together we got a new dishwasher. I am aware that most people would not be excited about a dishwasher, but if you had to use our old dishwasher, you would be extremely pumped about this new one. It is MUCH better.
Afterwards we went back to his mom's to see what Santa brought (he came early).
For lunch, we headed to Opp to see my family. We ate lunch with them and visited for a while. Then it was back to Elba for a powernap and on to his mom's to see his extended family. We ate and visited some more.
Then we came home through the storm, put on our PJ's and drove back to Opp to stay with my parents. Santa came bright and early, and after breakfast, it was back to Elba (I TOLD YOU IT WAS A BUSY CHRISTMAS.)
We got ready and went to his grandmother's house to see everyone. We ate (again) and played Dirty Santa.
We came home and rested then rode back to Opp (yes, once again) to eat leftovers. On Saturday morning, we made one more Christmas trip, this time to Jack to visit with the other side of Bradley's family.
It was a busy, busy time. But we enjoyed seeing everyone. There was time for reflection and being thankful, although as I type this, I'm wondering when we did that.
And a few more Christmas tidbits for you:
*We have watched Christmas Vacation at least 47 times this year.
*Molly did not take our tree out...not even once.
*We have a pile of candy and treats the size of a small mountain on our counter.
*We cannot eat them all or we will have to purchase all new clothes.
*Our stockings were stuffed with enough deodorant to last us through the next couple of years. We are thankful for this though...those small things add up when you purchase them yourself.
**See Christmas pictures in the post above**
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Either way...here are a few of my favorite things:
*hot clothes out of the dryer
*our Christmas tree late at night when everything is quiet
*praying with my husband
*a fire in the fireplace
*watching movies with Bradley (he sits on the couch with me when we watch a movie!...which we do often. Netflix may have declined us had they known how many movies we could watch in a month.)
*family gatherings: I LOVE getting together with my family. It's not something that happens often, but when we do get together it is so much fun.
*the quietness of the house before Bradley gets up and Molly is napping
*the SMELL of coffee. I said smell...not taste. The taste of coffee is NOT one of my favorite things. It's not even something I like. But B does, so I like to make it. He drinks it, I get to smell it.
*organization...I know it sounds sick, but it makes me at least "feel" in control
*Bradley's eyelashes and cheek bones: he's so pretty.
*He has the softest feet ever too. I like that as well. I don't think he feels that way about my feet. :) I walk around all day every day...I can't help it.
*going to Gantt Beach
*talking to friends on the phone who I don't get to see often. It can make my day.
*when Molly snuggles early in the morning
*when Bradley snuggles early in the morning
*looking at our house all lit up and thinking how God has blessed us beyond our imaginations. Isn't it good that God has plans that are bigger than we are? And that He encourages us to choose those plans rather than our own? And that He loved us enough many, many years ago, to send his own baby son to save the world?
May your Christmas be a special time for you and your family. May your hearts be filled with the blessings of life. May we remember those who have lost loved ones and are struggling during this Christmas season. And may we remember why we celebrate.
We wish you the merriest of Christmases,
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
And as I finished typing this, I turned to see Molly carrying what was going to be supper one night this week in her mouth. It's not a great picture, but she ate it so fast, I didn't have time to get another one. Bradley was just glad she didn't get the sausage.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
pigs in a blanket,
Chips and dip,
(for those of you who know me well: No, I do not partake of this dish.
It's mixed together. But B likes it.)
ANOTHER BAMA VICTORY
A perfect December Saturday afternoon.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
I am thankful for...a very unexpected day off from work
I am wearing...workout pants, a sweatshirt, tennis shoes (it counts for something if you look like you might excercise right????
I am remembering...when was the last time I exercised????
I am going...to bed...soon
I am currently reading...The Love Dare
I am hoping...to finish Christmas shopping soon
On my mind...decorating the outside of our house
From the learning rooms...patience. Allowing your spouse to be human. Is this hard for anyone else???? This morning I couldn't find 2 checks that I needed to deposit. I just KNEW he threw them away and I was mad even though I didn't say that. Turns out he didn't. They were in my car where I left them. "Patience, grasshopper."
Noticing that...the Christmas tree reflecting in the fireplace is kind of nice
Pondering these words..."Love is patient"
From the kitchen...chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies
Around the house...candles and Christmas decorations
From my picture journal...
(hat day last year...Jackson wore AU and paid a dollor for me to wear UA)
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
*for my husband and the way that he loves me...even when I'm ill (that's what he tells me)
*for my parents who love each other and enjoy each other in a way that I think is rare
*for Bradley's parents who are so good to us and babysit Molly
*for my brother who makes me laugh...a lot
*for Garret and the good heart he has
*for our extended families and time we get to spend with them
*for jobs at a school we enjoy so much
*for Molly who makes can make us furious and make us laugh all in a matter of minutes
*for kids in my class who told me yesterday when we cooked pancakes that I was like Paul Dean and Mr. Food
*for the orange and yellow tree I can see through the french doors as I type this
*for this house that we enjoy so much
*for neighbors who look out for us
*for health and happiness
I am so thankful for all God has blessed me with. There are things in life that didn't appear to be blessings at times, but I've grown to see that God knew exactly what He was doing. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the life God has given us.
May all the good things in life be yours in abundance during this Thanksgiving season.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
After the making of the turkey hats and the 3 o'clock bell, we climbed into the car and headed to Troy to watch CCA make a go at a state title...because what would a Friday be without watching a football game???
We left there and headed to Tuscaloosa for the weekend. Dear husband suggested we stop off in Linden to watch the Brantley Bulldogs, but I nixed that...1 football game per day is my limit. The whole Bowers clan gathered in T-Town for a little Roll Tide. We expected lots of rain and cold temperatures, but the rain held off. Below are our pictures. Bradley said it was the first time they'd been to a Bama game altogether since he was little. We're still here and it's turning out to be a really nice weekend.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
And by the way...my mom and dad think he favors PaPa Tim. :)
Monday, November 2, 2009
Some of the male people watching football...
It was nice to see everyone on Saturday. We were excited about our first "gathering" at our house. It forced us to get some things done that we've been putting off for a while. Bradley accused me of working him to death. He did work all day Saturday...and I appreciated it.
Football ended on Friday night. We rode to school together this morning. We disagree on what we should listen to on the way to and from school. He wants to listen to some kind of am talk radio...I feel that the radio is for music...not talking. He offered to let me borrow his ipod.
We're looking forward to some time at home. I may even try my hand at a little golf...I'll let you know how that goes.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
It's time for our annual Halloween Bash!
My first year of living in Luverne, everyone failed to tell me that I had moved onto "Trick Or Treat Street". I was so very unprepared. I grew up in the country...we had no trick or treaters...ever. So I had no candy that year. I had no idea what to expect. And when the Halloween traffic began, I had no way of getting my car out of my parking place...I do not exaggerate. It was just that busy. Heather and Stae came to get me so I wouldn't have to turn my lights off and pretend not to be home.
The year that followed, I began inviting the teachers and their families and some friends over for chili on Halloween. It became a sort of tradition. And this year is the first time in 5 years that I don't reside on "Trick or Treat Street". It's sort of sad. So we're changing tradition...and moving Halloween to Elba. We are so excited!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I knew 3 things when he left that night:
1. He was the cutest date I'd ever had.
2. He had really good taste in music.
3. And if he asked, I'd go out again.
Well if you're wondering...he did ask again...and again...and again...and again.
I love you Bradley...bacause you make me feel important...because you decide at 6:30 on a Tuesday night that we should go see a movie...because when I ask how I look, you sing me funny songs...because you like those cheese quesadillas that I make when we have no food and really need to go to the grocery store...and because God created us for each other. As I tell you all the time, "You're the best husband I've ever had." : )
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
I have a friend who makes the cutest decals. She made this for our mailbox. Isn't it cute? I purposely didn't photograph the post. Right after we moved in, I decided we needed flowers around the base of our post. So I got up one morning and dug a big hole around our mailbox post. And that was as far as I made it. There is still a big hole around the bottom of the post and no flowers. My neighbor thought I was digging up the mailbox.
While we were in the process of buying our house, I found a chalk board with the quote above in Pottery Barn. It was so cute, but it was SO expensive. My mom still had my chalk board that I used to play teacher when I was little. It was green, so I painted it black and Bradley's Papa Mack made a frame for me. I copied the quote from Pottery Barn and this is the result. I love it.
And I can't post without saying that yesterday, I was gone all day to a volleyball tournament. We've been wanting new blinds for our living room. The ones that came in the house were horrible...and that's an understatement. Bradley went to Lowes while I was gone and got new blinds. He hung them and didn't tell me. He kept telling me on the phone that we might have to trim them with his pocket knife (which I was very againt...I told him we would NOT do that). I had been home for over an hour before I ever noticed! They look so much better than before. He also worked in our yard, mopped the floor, washed dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and washed clothes. I am so thankful for you, Bradley.
Our house is coming together slowly, but surely. And I know that one day soon, we might be home to enjoy it.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I always feel like I should stand on a chair when I take a picture with Allie. It's been a while since we had a picture taken together. It's been a while since we've been together. It was so good to see you and John today, Allie. You look cute with your pregnant belly.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
2. Who eats more? him
3. Who said "I love you" first? He did...I came around later.
4. Who is taller? him
5. Who is more sensitive? me...definitely
6. Who does the laundry? We both do. But we have an understanding...if he shrinks my clothes (which happens occassionally) I get to buy new ones.
7. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? he does
8. Who pays the bills? we both do
9. Who cooks more? we both cook. He loves to grill and he's good at it.
10. Who is more stubborn? I think Bradley would say me
11. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? probably him b/c I'm still being stubborn
12. Who has more siblings? we each have a younger brother
13. Who wears the pants in the relationship? we both wear pants...I like to think we have a fairly equal relationship
14. What do you like to do together? lately we're satisified to just sit down for supper together. But when we have more time we like the beach and going to Gantt. We're both pretty laid back and we don't have to be entertained. Right now, there's nothing like a Saturday laying around at home.
15. Who eats more sweets? that would be me...I had oreos for breakfast everyday last week
16. Guilty pleasures? SHOPPING and "taking a tan" I didn't even have to think about that question.
17. How did you meet? Which time? Bradley used to come to my volleyball games in high school. I remember his friend, but not him. We also had a class together at Troy, but I don't recall that either. During October of my 4th year at Luverne, a teacher from Highland Home left me a message about a guy named Bradley she worked with who wanted to call me. I didn't call her back. I didn't know who he was! So I scouted him out, ran his fingerprints, and did a background check...a month or so later I finally called her back. He called that night. I told him he could not call every day nor could I see him everyday. The weekend after our first date I turned him down for a second because I needed "Hope time". I will admit that I was a little slow coming around. Bradley was very patient. We got engaged in April and married in July. He was SO worth the wait. (I think I answered more than "how did you meet")
18. Who asked who out first? He did. His friend from work wouldn't give him my number. He tells me he looked it up on www.whitepages.com .
19. Who kissed who first? He kissed me...after I asked him if was going to
20. Who proposed? He did...he wrote a poem and when he took the paper out of his bag, I thought he wanted me to write another paper for his college class.
21. His best features and qualities? He is THE MOST patient person I know, he makes me laugh, he makes me feel loved, he says very random things, he has the prettiest face, his eyelashes go on forever, and the tops of his feet are so soft!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
2. Hearing all the stories that begin with "One time..." and "hey, you know what..."
3. Seeing them get so very excited about small things like pencils and tootsie rolls. In their eyes, there is nothing better.
Bradley and I both had a good first day. We're thankful for this opportunity and we're thrilled to be at the same school.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
We thawed our leftover wedding cake. It was as good as it was a year ago. We spent time on the beach enjoying the weather and the company, shopped a little (very little...we just bought a house), ate good food (seafood one night; steak the next), and walked on the beach at night (there's nothing like the feel of cool sand on the beach at night). Molly even liked it.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Sunday is our first anniversary. Everyone told us the first year would be hard, but it's been so much fun. I am so thankful that God chose us for each other. Bradley is so much more than anything I could have chosen for myself. We got a dog instead of taking a big vacation. Some days I think the vacation would have been better.
Last night we put her in her crate for the first night. It went badly...very badly. I was unaware she could be so loud. I've heard my friends speak about how it's hard to let your babies cry. Surely their babies aren't as loud as Molly was last night. I gave up after 30 minutes of listening to her. It was awful. We are taking all suggestions.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I had NO IDEA we had so much stuff. We have been hauling loads of stuff from Luverne to Elba for days. We will be forever indebted to the people who have helped us. I'm sure they too wonder how we have accumulated so much stuff. They have been great help. We never would have gotten it moved without them.
It looks like a bomb went off in the house at the moment, but we're making progress slowly. I'm so glad we chose this house. I love it even more since we've gotten our furniture moved in. Our neighbors have been so nice. They couple next door even baked us a cake.
I have to mention that somehow God always manages to work things out. Sometimes we just have to wait a little while. I'll try to post some pictures after we get the mess cleaned up and all the boxes out. Hope everyone has a great week. We're looking forward to some R&R.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
And mine is tomorrow. I told you we were meant for each other. ; )
We hope we get a new house for our birthdays.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. A 4 year old asking Bradley during church Sunday if he "ever frowed up".
2. A 4 year old asking Bradley during church Sunday where he "frowed up".
3. Bradley telling me after church as we got in the car that my new air freshener smelled like somebody drank something fruity and "frowed up"
4. The Verizon commercial where the guy busts the pinata.
5. The first grade teachers of Luverne school who told me about their meeting today where the lady in charge told them if they were listening to put their fingers on their noses. Hello...they teach first grade. They are not in it. If you know them, you can imagine which finger they used. I will miss them so much.
6. My brother wondering aloud if the little old couple he is renting a house from might be con artists.
7. My daddy telling me about his visit from the Jehovah's witnesses. He told them he "didn't see things that way."
8. Bradley telling me about his brother who when he was little referred to police as "woo woos" and cows as "oos".
9. The random lady in WalMart telling Jim the new shirt he was considering looked nice on him.
10. Bradley. He always makes me laugh...a lot. It's one of my favorite things about him. Tonight when he left for workouts, he told me to clean the baseboards while he was gone. I'll get right on that.
What's made you laugh this week?
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Also, when you check out there is a space for a coupon code. Use CAROLINA and save an additional $7.50 if your order is over $15.00. Or use SAVINGSELF and get 50% off any order.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
We have moved all of our teacher stuff to Zion Chapel. I had more than I thought...funny how stuff accumulates. It took a couple of trips, but it's all there. Bradley will be teaching history and assisting with football. I will be teaching first grade. We're excited. But we're also a little overwhelmed. Or maybe I should say I am a little overwhelmed. But at least the school stuff is moved and maybe we'll get settled in time to have a few restful weeks before school starts.