Wednesday, December 23, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

We were singing this song Monday...actually I was singing; Bradley was shaking his head. He says he does not know the song, I really think he just wanted me to stop singing.

Either way...here are a few of my favorite things:
*hot clothes out of the dryer
*our Christmas tree late at night when everything is quiet
*praying with my husband
*candles
*a fire in the fireplace
*SOFT blankets
*fuzzy socks
*watching movies with Bradley (he sits on the couch with me when we watch a movie!...which we do often. Netflix may have declined us had they known how many movies we could watch in a month.)
*family gatherings: I LOVE getting together with my family. It's not something that happens often, but when we do get together it is so much fun.
*the quietness of the house before Bradley gets up and Molly is napping
*the SMELL of coffee. I said smell...not taste. The taste of coffee is NOT one of my favorite things. It's not even something I like. But B does, so I like to make it. He drinks it, I get to smell it.
*organization...I know it sounds sick, but it makes me at least "feel" in control
*Bradley's eyelashes and cheek bones: he's so pretty.
*He has the softest feet ever too. I like that as well. I don't think he feels that way about my feet. :) I walk around all day every day...I can't help it.
*going to Gantt Beach
*reading
*talking to friends on the phone who I don't get to see often. It can make my day.
*when Molly snuggles early in the morning
*when Bradley snuggles early in the morning
*looking at our house all lit up and thinking how God has blessed us beyond our imaginations. Isn't it good that God has plans that are bigger than we are? And that He encourages us to choose those plans rather than our own? And that He loved us enough many, many years ago, to send his own baby son to save the world?

May your Christmas be a special time for you and your family. May your hearts be filled with the blessings of life. May we remember those who have lost loved ones and are struggling during this Christmas season. And may we remember why we celebrate.

We wish you the merriest of Christmases,
The Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment