Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Day in the Life of Us

Ella Kate doesn't care that it's summer. She's not sleeping in. We rise bright and early, fix a bottle, and lay back down with Daddy. She and I snuggle and play (She's EXTRA loving and happy in the morning) and then I box her in with pillows and leave her with B watching MickeyMouse Clubhouse. She loves it. I dress and head out to run because as Mickey says, "we all feel better when we mouse-kersize". I come back, pack her swimming bag, and jump in the shower. Some mornings we go seperate ways to swimming lessons and cheer practice. Some mornings we all go to swimming lessons. This week, we've also had VBS until 12. A busy morning doesn't bother me, as long as I can have a lazy afternoon. Today we all napped. It was ABSOLUTELY marvelous. Don't you love a good nap??? At night, B leaves us for workouts and EK and I spend girl time together. Tonight we played, ate dinner, pulled weeds, and had bath time. Bath time is great. She plays. I sit in the bathroom floor and read. It's my ME-Time. She's usually asleep by 8, so I stretch out in B's chair and have a Coke Zero. This may not seem exciting to you, but I love it. It's the simple things. I am so thankful for this life.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment