Friday, March 9, 2012

An update from the previous post: My friend's little boy was diagnosed with a Wilms tumor which was Stage 2 cancer. He received a port yesterday and his first round of chemo. This will continue weekly for 6 months. Her updates remain positive and they are thankful that he's done so well. Add them to your prayer lists, as the road ahead may be long. Joni is an amazing mother, and I don't mean that lightly. She sets a godly example in the midst of her storm for so many. I hope you get to sleep in your own bed tonight, Joni : )

I leave bright and early tomorrow for a wedding. For many years in high school and college, I had the best summer (and spring break and Christmas break) job EVER. I babysat the Parkers. Loved it. What was not to love? They slept late. When we did get up, we ate lunch, and then went to Grandmother Ann's for a swim. I think I was told at one time I more of a lifeguard than a babysitter. Ashton and I might have slid down the stairs in the laundry basket a time or 5, while Garret was the more responsible one. He wouldn't even join us for the ceremonial "licking of the bowl" after we made brownies. He did teach me a few things, including how to make a great grilled cheese sandwich, and possible how to boil eggs for Ashton's tuna fish. I am realizing I could go on and on as I am starting to remember things I'd forgotten. I hated mixing that tunafish, Ashton. Do you still eat that? I loved spending time with the Parkers. Tomorrow Garret gets married. I'm still not sure he's old enough for this ; ) Congratulations. May this be one of the best things you've ever done.

On a lighter note, it's Friday. And I have a workshop. In Troy. Hardee's biscuit? Yes. I just ran so surely a biscuit is in order. The last mile, I might add, was in the rain. And it was NICE. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment