Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm slowly becoming a once a month blogger.  Summer is a'coming and I'll try to do better.  The fact that summer's coming is the problem.  I'm drowning in a to-do list that never ends.  Deadlines abound.  But relief is in sight.  We have a fabulous vacation ahead and I can't wait!  The beach is calling my name.

Since I last blogged, softball season came to a close.  Bradley's girls played in Gulf Shores last weekend in the Regional Tournament.  Because they predicted rain, the games were pushed up and his girls finished their last game sometime after 4:00 Saturday morning.  Ella Kate couldn't hang, and we were back at the hotel.  Truth be told, I probably couldn't hang either.  I like my sleep.  B's proud of his girls.  And he's enjoyed it.  He's also learned alot...alot that he probably didn't want to know.  He says they'll say just about anything.  Preparation for Ella Kate, maybe?

I attended a retirement reception today for my school neighbor, Mrs. Stinson.  I'm so sad to see her go, but I'm excited for her to get to spend time doing things she enjoys.  She's kind of like my "school mom".  If she says it's ok, then it's definitely O.K.  My friend, Joni, used to work in my position, and she always said Ginger and Melinda were the best colleagues you could ask for.  She thought ALOT of them both.  I'm with her.  They are the best.  I appreciate you, ladies.

Field Day T-shirts are delivered.  The stack on my desk is smaller than it was this morning.  Progress?  Maybe.  Field Day is Friday, and then I play to spend Saturday drinking Coke Zero, playing with Ella Kate, and laying by/in the pool.  I have 2 new magazines, and I'm about to download a new book on my Kindle (I read during naptime or while she's watching "Melmo").  Yes, life is good.  And summer's still ahead...EVEN BETTER.


No comments:

Post a Comment