Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back to the Grind

Spring Break came and went. And it was back to the real world. You know the one. The one when you run around like a crazy person and feel like you have waaaaayyyyy too many irons in the fire. That's my world lately. I had a break from cheerleading from the middle of February until April. But when we get started, we really get going. We had tryouts yesterday. I now have 15 Varsity Cheerleaders. I'm wondering if I've lost my mind, but I'm excited to start the new season. They seem to be sweet girls, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the new girls. Our goal is to compete this year, and if you'll check back with me about November, I'll be wondering what we were thinking when we decided to do this.

Bradley has successfully removed all the shrubs from our back yard. We have 2 pallets of sod ready for pickup on Saturday morning. Yes, he's a good man.

We ran another 5K a couple of weeks ago. It was tough. I won't lie. I think I started off a little too fast. I finished in 34 minutes. When I told a fellow runner my time last week, she said, "well at least you finished". What????? Yes, I finished. And I didn't pass out or die. AND I wasn't last. I call that success.

I'll close on a serious note. My daddy has an older brother who is very, very sick. Growing up, I thought he was the best. He had no children of his own, so he was always up for a tea party after he let his "food settle"...his famous line. When we visited him in Pensacola, we would park on the back 40 at the mall because "those women would sling their doors open and hit the car". And he was all about an all you can eat buffet. I'm not sure what happened. Life I guess. But I haven't talked with him in about 5 years. I share this in hopes that you won't let things that don't matter steal the time that you could spend with people you love. I debated on blogging about this, but decided it could be a good lesson to share. I did get to see him on Sunday and show him a picture of sweet Ella Kate. But it doesn't make up for all that time. It makes me sad. But it's also a lesson in life.

Hoping the weekend brings some good times and a little rest to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment