Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A girl can dream, right?

I dream of a day at home with my Kindle to sit in the sunshine and sip Coke Zero.  Really.  I also dream of summer and being able to wear running shorts and t-shirts all day, every day + no makeup. I don't wish for much.  But for now, we're trucking along.  I have 2 or 3 different "to do" lists and I'm certain there are things I've forgotten.  Some days, I think my mind is going.  Last Wednesday, I lost my keys.  I searched everywhere.  I looked all through my classroom, investigated the garbage bags, and tore my car apart.  No keys.  I had a spare and used it to head home.  I called B at home, and I'm in tears.  He said, "Are you looking for the ones on the black keychain?  They're here on the bar".  I drove to school with my spare and never even realized it.  On Friday, I was halfway to Zion Chapel when I realized Ella Kate was still strapped in the backseat.  I wanted to cry.  Or nap.  Or cry, then nap.  But instead, I turned around and took her back, put on a smile, and went on to work.  It helped that it was Friday. This condition is called "too many irons in the fire".

The weekend was not necessarily easygoing, but it was still the weekend.  There were places to go...lots of places to go.  My in-laws took Ella Kate to the lake with them Friday night (Thank you, Gigi and Papa!).  B had softball Saturday and I had to make a family trip to Pensacola.  We enjoyed Homecoming at South Luverne on Sunday and lunch with some sweet friends.  Before we knew it, it was back to work bright and early Monday morning.  A busy weekend, is still a weekend, and we'll take it.

It's Friday afternoon, and and we have very few official plans for the weekend, AND the weather is supposed to be NICE.  Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment