Sunday, November 18, 2012

This may get sappy...

So this weekend, actually about May, my cheerleaders and I started a journey that we'd never taken before.  We decided we'd give this competition thing a go.  About 2 weeks ago, I was wondering if we'd lost our minds.  Last Monday in the middle of a 6 hour practice, I called B and told him that I was really worried about this.  However, by the end of that long practice, I had decided they'd pull it off, somehow.

I won't tell you that cheerleading is life, but for most of these girls, it's their talent.  It's what they're REALLY good at.  And they're my girls.  Some weeks I spend more time with them than I do with my husband and my own child.  They teach me A LOT.  They tell me things I don't want to know.  They make me laugh.  They make me mad.  Friday night, when they surprised me with a baby shower after checking into our rooms, they made me cry.  They are great.

Yesterday, I was extremely emotional when they finished their routine.  I was SO PROUD of those 15 girls.  I was proud because they set their minds to something and they pulled it off.  They have put in countless hours of hard work for 2 and a half minutes on the floor.  But it was important to them and they did it.  They were ranked 3rd out of 7 squads.  I think they are often overlooked, so I wanted this post to be about them and what they work so hard for.  You represented ZC so well.  If no one else realizes what you've accomplished, I DO.  I love you, girls.  Super proud of you and the goals that you've reached.  Also, a big thank you to Ms. Monica, Adria, Paige, and Shanelle at gymnastics.  You're the best!

Now, on to Thanksgiving week.  Two fun days at school and 3 days off.  I'll take it.  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment