Saturday, April 10, 2010

This is not the weekend I expected...

I came home from school Wednesday afternoon and fell asleep immediately. I remember Bradley telling me to get up because I wouldn't sleep through the night if I slept all afternoon. Little did he know neither of us would do much sleeping that night.

I've known I have a cyst on my left ovary for almost 2 months now. The past week, I've been it's been more uncomfortable than usual. I woke up around 1:30 Thursday morning in some pain on my left side. I moved around and tried to go back to sleep. At 3:00 I decided something was wrong. I woke Bradley up and we called my doctor. They told us we could come to the emergency room or wait until 8 to see the doctor on call. I have never hurt like that in my life. So we called my mom and left home at 4 a.m. headed to Dothan. We had an ultrasound in the ER. Everything was fine with the baby. It's heartbeat was strong and it was kicking it's legs. They told me there wasn't much they could do for the pain and I should see my doctor. So we slept in the car waiting until 10:30 for another ultrasound and to see the doctor. We thought the cyst had ruptured, but after seeing the ultrasound, it was in tact. The explanation we were given is that because the cyst is large AND my uterus is growing, things were getting crowded. They said the cyst might be twisting some ligaments and causing the pain. When I saw the doctor, the pain had eased and he sent us home with a prescription for Tylenol 3. We were 3 minutes down the road when I was doubled over again. They pain was so strong I was sick to my stomach. Bradley's mom was working in Newton at the doctor's office so we stopped by there to see if they could help me. Someone went to fill my prescription. I took 2 Tylenol and we started home. I was sleepy but still in A LOT of pain. I could find NO relief. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand, I couldn't lay down. So Bradley's mom called the doctor and they prescribed Loratab. I took one and relief. They told us to come back to the ER. So off we went...for the longest ride ever. I was given 2 doses of morphine when we got there. They they started me on Demoral. I was finally able to rest some. They moved me to a room around 1:30 Friday morning. They told me surgery would be a last resort, because of the danger to the baby. Their goal was to control my pain. I've had more pain medicine in the last 3 days than I've had in my entire life. They sent me home today at lunch. I'm trying to survive on Loratab. But the pain is still excruciating at times.

For those of you who have called or come by, we appreciate it so much. Please keep us in your prayers. I need to save my sick days, but know I cannot function in this state at school. It is all very overwhelming and scary. I feel we would be better off if the cyst would just rupture. They told me it wouldn't harm the baby and I'd have instant relief. Please, please pray for Bradley, myself, and the baby.


  1. Thanks for the call tonight. I am praying for you guys. The Lord is still the Great Physician and I will be consulting with Him. I will also be contacting my prayer warriors at Bethany. We will be lifting you two up tomorrow....

  2. Momma just called and let me know about your surgery. We are thinking about ya'll. Take care. Love, Heather and Lee.

  3. Praying for you! I pray you have relief soon!