Saturday, April 24, 2010

5 Things I've Learned This Week

1. Just because you reach the end of the first trimester does NOT mean the nausea goes away.
2. My husband and I can consume one whole box of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni and not bat and eye. (I'm eating for 2.) Obviously #1 is not slowing me down.
3. Pregnancy changes a whole lot of things...namely my food choices. I have always been known to love a soft drink. No tea, sometimes water, usually a soft drink. Not so anymore. I cannot handle a soft drink. It's tea or water. That's it. I also crave random things. Last night it was baked beans. Normally I don't do baked beans. But I decided yesterday and I needed some really bad. One night this week it was pigs in a blanket. Another day it was salad. If you know me well, you know this is odd.
4. B's class reunion is the end of October...10 days before my due date. I'll be extra large by then. But hey, so will lots of people. At least I have an excuse.
5. There's nothing like the love of a first grader who has missed his/her teacher for 12 days. They were the best! They told me they could not touch my tummy but they could hug me from the side. So many of them told me they prayed for us. They were precious.

Wishing you a comfortable Saturday at home listening to the rain...

1 comment:

  1. Hope,
    I didn't know you had a blog! {or if I did, I had forgotten, which is very likely!} I'm so glad I found you~ I also didn't know you were expecting! I pray things go well with your new blessing!

    ReplyDelete