Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yay for the Weekend!!!!!

We survived the first week! We both really like our classes this year. I'm getting adjusted to life in the 5th grade world. It's nice to be able to write directions on the board and have students who can read them and follow them without a whole lot of explanation. I am loving the ladies around me. They're fun, and I've heard some great stories over the last 2 weeks. B is liking his junior high classes. He was concerned at first about teaching that age group, but he's enjoyed them this week.

We're both SO busy and SO tired. My ankles started out good Monday morning, but by yesterday afternoon, they were ginormous. They're back to normal this morning. They just needed a weekend off. I took a picture of them earlier so I can remember that my ankles are not actually as fat as they appear most of the time. Football brings with it late nights at our house. When we both get home, we're too tired to say much. It makes us appreciate the weekends and time together a little more. I made breakfast this morning. It was nice to sit down together and talk while we ate our pancakes. AND our house is clean for the most part. That makes my heart smile. I'm ALL ABOUT a clean house. I don't know if that's a control thing or an OCD thing. But either way...I like it.

I'm hoping we get finished painting the nursery this weekend, and possibly the crib put together. Other than that, we're just hanging out at home. I don't care if it rains all day. In fact, I think it would be nice. Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment