Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let's Be Honest

I've been meaning to do this post for a week or so. Our life's been busy, but B has the week off from workouts and cheer camp is completed. And my July calendar almost looks blank. AND.....it makes me happy.

However, after reading some comments on our blogs, I realize that I make our life seem like we're ALWAYS happy and blissful and serene...you know what I mean. And it's not. Although we are happy, and do feel extremely blessed, sometimes life isn't perfect. In our Sunday school lesson last week, it mentioned how David was honest in his Psalms. He told it like it was. Sometimes it was good. Sometimes it was hard. And although I may not blog about the hard days, sometimes it IS hard. Sometimes we're mean. Sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes it's 5:00 and I have nothing fixed for dinner. Sometimes we don't make time for each other like we should. Sometimes I forget to wash clothes and we have no clean underwear/shirts. Sometimes we argue about money. Occasionally we contemplate harming each other. Really. And the rest of you do too, if you're honest. But regardless of all that, we are enormously BLESSED. And we do love each other, even though there are times that we may not "feel" like we love each other. Sometimes love is a choice.

I hope that gives an honest representation of what life is like at our house. It's not always grand. But it is ALWAYS more than we deserve. And we are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment