Monday, June 11, 2012

A Whirlwind of a Weekend

Ahhh...a quiet Monday morning.  I mentioned in my last post that we were planning a small get together from B's brother and his fiance'.  I did not mention that it was going to be held in our backyard with an 80% chance of rain.  On Friday morning we rented a tent (just in case).  It was a good thing.  It rained off and on all day, but about 2-3 hours before the party, the bottom fell out.  And it came to a stop just in time.  We thoroughly enjoyed it the night.  

I guess it was sort of a weekend of celebrations.  On Friday afternoon we headed to Auburn to attend T and Sally Ingalls' 50th Wedding Anniversary reception.  When I moved to Troy, there were some issues about where I was going to live.  This sweet couple took me in and became like family to me.  I spent a little over 2 years with them.  They have since moved to Auburn.  We still visit occasionally.  They're so special to me, and I always enjoy getting to see them and their family.  We had a blast.  Ella Kate was loving the dance floor and wanted to go "back" each time she came off.  She never meets a stranger.  B and I aren't sure where she came from, but we enjoy her and her little personality. 

It's back to the grind (somewhat) this week.  Cheerleader practice and football workouts resume.  Swimming lessons continue for EK.  I love my job.  And I love having time off in the summer.  It's all around the BEST.  Happy Monday!  


No comments:

Post a Comment