Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birthday Fun

We kicked off a big birthday week on Thursday with B's 30th.  We celebrated by going to swimming lessons, and he headed off to football workouts.  EK and I did make him dinner and a birthday cake.  He also got a candle in his cinnamon roll that morning.  Because birthdays are a celebration of a life, I'll take a minute to tell you that I am so thankful for Bradley.  He came along at the perfect time (although at the time I  thought he was late).  He had a ton of patience in the beginning when I told him I couldn't handle him calling everyday or coming by all the time.  He stuck with me, and I'm so thankful.  He is the most patient man I know.  Often when I expect exasperation from him, I get a joke or a smile instead.  He probably couldn't say the same about me.  You are an awesome Daddy and the sweetest husband.  We're thankful for you.

Friday was my 31st birthday. (Yes, Bailee D., I would be considered a cougar.)  We had a lazy day of swimming lessons and pool time at Papa's.  I got to sit outside all by myself and read during naptime.  It was interrupted only briefly when our child ate her diaper rash cream, forcing us to call poison control.  She's fine now.  For a few minutes B and I were not.  We had dinner with my parents and my brother at a little place in Defuniak Springs called Mom and Dad's...best Italian food you will ever eat.  We laughed ALOT and went to Walmart because we never go to Mom and Dad's and not go to Walmart.  It's just a given.

Saturday, the birthday celebrations continued with a trip to Mobile for B and I.  We stayed at The Battlehouse downtown...loved it!  We ate some great seafood when we arrived at lunch and hung out at the pool until our room was ready.   That night, we headed off to a surprise 30th birthday party for our friend, Morgan.  Morgan and B grew up together and shared a birthday celebration at VBS each year.  I got to know Morgan for the first time when she sang in our wedding.  A couple of years later, I started teaching with her Mom.  We text occasionally, and we say that if we lived closer, we might actually be good friends.  She's precious.  So when we got the invite for her party, we decided to make a weekend of it.  I laughed so much last night my cheeks are still sore today.  I witnessed my husband singing Friends In Low Places karaoke style with Morgan's husband (who is also a coach).  I'm not sure, but I would bet they talked sports at some point last night.  They did a good duet!  I'm thinking we may take them on the road soon.  Seriously, I was impressed.  We had a blast, Matt and Morgan.  Oh, I wish we all lived closer.  We ended the night sitting in our hotel room eating McDonalds at midnight just because we could.

We drove home this morning, and we all really need a nap, although someone who shall remain nameless is being less than cooperative about this.  It was an extra good weekend.  Here's to a good week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment