Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sentimental Post Ahead...

Night #2 in a big girl bed...really????  My mom informed me earlier this week that Ella Kate was attempting to throw her leg over the rail of the crib.  So I put her in the bed that night and told her to go for it.  She didn't bat an eye.  She threw that leg up and over.  So, sadly, the crib was converted to a big girl bed last night.  I cried.  When did this happen?  I feel as if I just brought her home from the hospital.  I'm tearing up again as I type.  I wouldn't say I'm overly sentimental.  But I'm having issues about this bed.  My husband in the middle of my tears says, "and next it'll be a full size bed".  I didn't find that very comforting.  She's done well.  There is no rail so last night we put the bean bag beside the bed.  That's where we found her about 3 this morning...sound asleep.  I was worried she wouldn't stay in bed.  But at this point I'm not sure she knows she can get out.  She is quite the sleeper these days.  Based on her first week in this world, I would never have expected this.  She's in bed around 8 and sleeps until 8.  It makes for a happy mommy and daddy.  I LOVE being home with her this summer.  She's changing so much so fast and I don't have to miss it...at least for a few months.

Next week is a full week off at our house.  No practice.  No workouts.  No plans.  Nothing.  YES!  And then it's off to camp for a week.  Summer, slow down.

I sat out back one night this week watching B and Ella Kate play in the yard.  I thought as I watched them how different life was just 5 short years ago.  It was kind of a rough summer then...one where I was wondering if God had any big plans for my life or if I should go ahead and join the convent.  But, my how things have come full circle.  We've been married almost 4 years, and it's far from perfect, but it's fun (most days).  And being a mommy is one of the very best things I have ever done.  It sure threw a kink in our orderly little lives the first few months, but she's so worth it.  I get stressed.  I get tired.  I get tired.  Did I say that twice?  I meant to.  I get mad.  But my cup is so full tonight.  (I think it's the big girl bed thing.)  It's not that it's perfect.  It's that it's far more than I deserve.

Wishing each of you a relaxing Fourth of July holiday with your families...

No comments:

Post a Comment