Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Night to Remember

Last night my mom was out of town, so Bradley and I went to eat with my Dad at his favorite place, the B&B. If you aren't familiar with the B&B, I would describe it as a truck stop-type place. My daddy thinks it's the best. After dinner, we went back to their house and I was looking at old pictures. It's always fun to look back and remember.

When we got home I was still in the "remembering mood" so I broke out the slide show from our rehearsal dinner. And I followed that up by watching our wedding dvd...so sweet. Watching the slide show reminded me of a few events from the "beginning of us"...
*like the first time Bradley kissed me. He asked if I wanted a yankee dime. I thought he meant some kind of coin. I told him no. And I asked him if he was ever going to kiss me.

*like the first time I fell off the jet ski. I'm still not sure how that happened, but we turned the whole thing over. It was cold. And I was a little, no, A LOT freaked out by the thought of what was swimming beneath my feet.

*and a few weekends before we got engaged, when Bradley's mom kept taking pictures of us. I just KNEW he was going to propose. I asked him. He told me he was not.

*and the first time I thought, "I might marry him". He was in a wedding and at the reception he sang every song that was played. I had the best time with him that night. (On the way home, he was very quiet and I thought he didn't like me anymore)

*and the time I planned a small surprise birthday get-together but told him about it that day. I couldn't hold it in any longer!

*and the time I hit him in the head with the freezer door and knocked him down in the kitchen floor. I thought he was dead.

*and our first Christmas together when I was very terrified about the thought of attending his "family Christmas". It had been a LONG time since I'd spent Christmas with a guy's family. And I wasn't quite sure I was ready for that. My mom said, "Just go! He asked you to go eat. He didn't ask you to marry him!"

AND 7 MONTHS LATER, WE WERE MARRIED.

No comments:

Post a Comment