Saturday, June 26, 2010

Vacation and Back to the Real World

We are finally home from our week away. It was very relaxing, but I underestimated how hard it would be for a pregnant girl to sit on a hot beach. Normally, you wouldn't find me anywhere but on the beach. This trip, however, was a different story. We spent some time on the beach, but we also looked at some of the historic sites on the island and ate some really good food. Jekyll Island is a beautiful place. It also has more history than I realized. My history teacher husband was all about that. We got lots of reading done while we were there. And I might have napped a little. We are thankful for the time away, but also thankful to be back home. Now it's time to think of ALL the things we need to accomplish before the summer's end. First of all, I am changing grades in the teaching world. I will now teach 5th grade, and I'm really excited about the change. I requested this move months ago, but it was recently approved. I will teach 3 science classes and 1 reading class. I needed this move and feel certain it will be a good one. I will have to make a conscience effort not to tie their shoes or wipe their noses, but it won't take me long to get into the swing of things. That being said, I have not unpacked the first box at school. And believe me, there are MANY boxes to be unpacked. How in the world did I accumulate so much stuff??????
Also, the baby on the way...she needs a room. And we have done nothing in there. I have looked at bedding fabric, but haven't made any decisions. I hope to at least get that picked out next week. Walls to paint, a crib to put together, we haven't registered for the first thing, we haven't picked out anything but a stroller!!! Football season begins in August, and by the end, we'll have a new baby girl. So my hopes are to accomplish all this in July. I made my list last night. I'm ready to start marking things off. I also intended to put up peas (which I've never done), clean out our front bedroom so we could have company one day, get a new couch, redo our shed/watch Bradley redo our shed, and clean out our garage. There will be a sign up sheet posted by our front door for anyone who's interested in helping.
I also would like to find some time in there to lay IN the pool, read some books, have lunch with some college friends, and have some friends over for dinner. And I WILL. I will always make time for the most important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment