Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Thrill of Accomplishment

I've been checking things off the list this week. It gives me some sort of sick satisfaction to get things done. I lean towards being OCD at times.
Yesterday I got my teeth cleaned, my eyes checked, and my fabric picked out for the nursery. (The bottom 3 are the main fabrics...top 3 are accents.) I also had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a long time (I enjoyed it, Julie!) and stopped to visit some friends afterwards. How impressed are you? Hold on, I'm not finished. Vacation clothes are washed, a few cabinets have been cleaned out, and I started on our front bedroom tonight. I think I had 37 empty shoe boxes...although I'm not sure why. They are now in the trash can and I have a load for Good Will that will fill the back of my car. I'll be ok as long as Bradley doesn't start looking through it. I also got started putting things away in my new classroom today. Yay! I needed this grade level change. I am thrilled about the coming year. So many exciting things ahead.

On an unrelated side note, Bradley decided at 10 Sunday night that we should watch a movie. Simple joys... We watched State of Play...great movie. I recall the days when we dated and sat TOGETHER to watch movies. We don't do that anymore. He says we used to sit together because all I had was a couch and a chair that was uncomfortable. Lately I feel like he's wishing we had seperate beds. I cannot sleep. I think I have restless legs syndrome...I've read this is brought on by pregnancy. My legs jerk all night. It makes me insane and I can't imagine how he feels. I've moved to the recliner the last couple of nights. I ate a couple of Oreos this morning about 2...it's scientifically proven to help me relax. I don't know if it was that or the Tylenol...but eventually I fell asleep.

Hope everyone is having an extra good week. I plan to check some more things off the list this week.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone is "nesting." Just know that Ella is being bathed in our prayers...and we pray for you and Bradley as well.

    It does an old man's heart good to know that Ella will have great parents.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fabrics. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors. Do you have someone that is making all your nursery items for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my cousin is making our bedding. She helped me pick out the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's getting closer! Usually getting all these 'jobs' checked off the list means you are getting ready! But I get like that when I'm not pregnant {like most everyday of my life!} so who knows! Your bedding is so pretty! Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete