Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5th Grade Funnies

I am still loving 5th grade. I was talking to a co-worker the other day about a date for a baby shower. I told her I was easy. Any day was fine. She told me "obviously". She said that was what got me in this shape. I apologize if that's inappropriate. We're adults. It was hilarious. (Morgan, I won't tell you which coworker I'm talking about. )

The one thing I miss most about the little ones is the funny things they come up with. Today, it was a 5th grader that caused me to laugh...ALOT. He lost his house key...you know...the one I tell him to put away on a daily basis. Well he was very concerned, but I promised not to send him home to sit in the yard. I asked if mom was at work. Yes. Did he know the number? No. Not to worry...I could look it up. But then he cracked me up. He said, "if you just get your cell phone and hit rocketdial, it will call her work." Huh? He repeats himself. At that point I realize that, bless his heart, he thinks everyone's cell phones have his mom's work programmed into rocketdial. Never fear. We found the key. But that was by far the best thing I've heard in a while.

I'm loving this weather!!! I know you are too. Is it appropriate to ride with the windows down with a newborn in the backseat? I figure not, so I'm doing it all I can right now. Have a marvelous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment