Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happenings at the Bowers House

Lots to share...sit tight.

Ella Kate has officially moved into her crib. Last night was her first night sleeping there instead of in the cradle by our bed. After moving her things over yesterday, I felt like there were 2 good options: move it all back or sit and cry. I pulled it together and did neither. I told myself we would all sleep better. And SHE did...from 8:45 until 4 a.m. to be exact. Her mommy, however, kept thinking something was obviously wrong when she didn't get up at 1. Or 2. Or 3. Or 3:30. She was still breathing though. I checked.

Today she and I took off to order B's Christmas present and visit friends in Luverne. Oh, I miss all those people! They were all so very good to me for the 5 years that I lived there. And always lots of fun. We enjoyed the simple things when I worked there like rearranging Heather's desk after school (many times), sending children to other teachers for no reason at all (almost daily), and putting sexy Halloween costume catalogues in Shea's mailbox (only once...don't tell her. I never confessed to that one). I'm not brave enough to try that at my new job...give me a little time ; ) It was good to see every one of you!

I started my "From Couch to 5K" this week via the treadmill. It wasn't bad yesterday...I didn't pass out or anything. I did almost fall off the back when I attempted to remove my sweatshirt (I had on another shirt) while the treadmill was still moving. I would have been fine if it hadn't gotten hung around my head. But I did not fall...only stumbled.

I'd like to end by telling you what little I have permission to share about B's P90X experience from Monday night. I will only say that it involved resistance bands, a door, and a gigantic red mark across his chest. I only heard about it and saw the mark. If I had seen it happen, I would still be in the floor. laughing.

Ella Kate and I can't wait for daddy to be home with us for a few weeks. Have an extra nice "rest of the week".

No comments:

Post a Comment