Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I may be a little "all over the place" with this post. Because I feel a lot "all over the place".

I'll back up a few days and tell you that Miss Ella Kate has decided she is NOT all about going to sleep. She's ok if you can get her there, but she doesn't like the journey. So we had a few rough nights. At some point Bradley and I sang "The Ballad of Curtis Lowe" to her because you can only sing Jesus Loves Me and Away in a Manger so many times. It didn't work either.

She and I took a little drive about 2 a.m. on Monday night. We cruised for quite a while. It finally worked though. Sweet sleep for mommy and EK...at least for several hours.

Last night we decided to let her cry a little. After reading something a sweet friend put on facebook about her child, I decided it would be ok and I would not be the worst mother in the world. I checked on her and talked to her every 5 minutes. It worked! Yay! She slept so good too. Thank you, Teri.

Bradley and I had a date last night. It's the first time we've been in a restaurant since Ella Kate arrived. I only called twice to check on her (we only went to Enterprise). You know you're and old married couple when you get pumped about going to eat and going to Walmart. Bradley informed me he might be married, but he is NOT old. We decided to dart into Lowes before going home. We'd been in there for about 5 minutes just looking around when I realized my pants were unzipped AND unbuttoned. I'd done that when we left Walmart because my incision was hurting. And I completely forgot. If my shirt were covering it, I wouldn't be so embarrassed. But it wasn't! So if you saw me walking around Lowes last night with my pants undone, it wasn't because we were fooling around in the car (I'll get scolded for putting that on here.) It was because a lack of sleep causes you to forget things...even simple things.

We're getting into somewhat of a routine. We spend our mornings snuggling and looking at the Christmas tree. I can't think of a better time to be home with a sweet baby girl. When we finally get to sleep at night, we're only getting up 1 to 2 times to eat. She's a good baby. Having a newborn is just hard. But it's worth every second. And we're so thankful. I know I say that alot, but there's something about experiencing this life changing event that makes you pause and take in all the blessings in the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment