Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful.

I am thankful for:

1. Grace. Because I don't deserve any of the blessings I'm about to list. But God loves us and gives us things we are very undeserving of.

2. The husband I hear talking to our baby girl in the kitchen. I can't tell you enough how blessed I am to have him for a husband. There are no words. He's not perfect. I'm not perfect. But we love each other, and I absolutely believe God created us for each other. I am now listening to him sing Purple Rain. I may be forced to delete that last part...enjoy it for now.

3. Our baby girl who we think is the prettiest and sweetest baby we've ever laid eyes on. We love her more than we can express. She fills our hearts. Even at 4:30 a.m. when we're swaying in the bathroom with her in one arm and the hair dryer going in the other...not because I was drying my hair. But because we've discovered it can put her out like a light. We'll do anything to sleep a little while.

4. Our families who have come to the rescue more than a few times in the last 2 and a half weeks. We are more than blessed.

5. Our home that we love. It seems so much smaller with 100,000 baby things everywhere. But we still love it.

6. Our jobs at a great school with really good kids and co-workers.

Dear God, we are more thankful this year than ever. You are more than GOOD. We are more than BLESSED. Ella Kate and I have been singing the following as we rock in the wee hours of the morning. I thought it was fitting.

How GREAT is our God
Sing with me
How GREAT is our God
And all will see how GREAT
How GREAT
Is our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment