Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to work we go...

On Sunday, I thought I just might not make it through the day on Monday. It was going to be my first day back. My first day away from Ella Kate. I almost lost it in church Sunday morning. I fought tears all through the service. I didn't want to be away from her. But I also have this fear of something happening and I have this false sense that I can keep anything from happening. I know the truth is that I have no control over things. But I like to feel as if I do. The sermon was so good for me. It reminded me that I have to trust. And it's been a good week. After a small breakdown on Sunday night when I didn't want to bathe her because I didn't want her to go to sleep (she goes to bed after her bath), Monday was a good day. All of you must have been praying for me. If you were, I appreciate it so much.



I am EXHAUSTED. All these ballgames are killing me. I also had to take EK to get shots Thursday in Dothan. Can't I just have a holiday? I'm hoping tomorrow will be one. I think that would improve the dark circles forming under my eyes.



Ella Kate was 2 months old Wednesday. Wow. Wasn't she just born last week? She is:

*sleeping through the night and has been for a few weeks

*taking 6 4oz bottles a day

*smiling and cooing, especially at her daddy

*wearing 0-3 month clothes, but is getting ready to move up. She's a LONG girl! We might could keep wearing the 0-3 month clothes, but I'll have to cut the feet out of her sleepers. She's gonna be tall like her momma, huh? ; )

*11lbs 10 oz and 24.5 inches long



I'm enjoying my kids at school. I love them. But I love them even better when I've had a break. Hope your week goes well and lots of things make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment