Monday, March 1, 2010

Manic Monday

Although we are excited and thrilled that we are pregnant, I have no idea what's going on inside my body, and it scares me a little...make that a lot. I've been having some discomfort on one side of my abdomen. I've researched and worried and researched and worried...and worried some more. I've prayed. We've prayed. I just knew something wasn't right. So today I decided I MUST call the nurse to see what she thought. They let me come in for an ultrasound and some peace of mind. We saw the tiny sac that has the baby in it. We saw something inside the sac, but it doesn't look like a baby yet. But they said everything looked good. The discomfort is being caused by a very large cyst on my left ovary. We're hoping it goes away on it's own. They are going to keep a close watch on it. I never thought I'd be so happy to know I have a cyst. Relief does not even come close to describing it. I was so relieved that we stopped and got cheesesticks at Arby's, and I got 2 dresses and a purse at Target. Bradley said he knew he should never have taken me there. I sang a few praises tonight while I walked on the treadmill, but not loud enough for anyone but God to hear me. ; )

2 comments:

  1. Hope--I had a cyst develop when I was pregnant with Connor. They noticed it on the initial ultrasound and it was gone on the next one. They told me it was very common for them to develop, especially during the beginning of a pregnancy. I pray your pain will go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Arby's cheesesticks, dresses and purse comment made me literally laugh out loud. You are so funny and I miss you so much! I love that I can just see and hear you saying everything you type, haha!
    Very glad to hear that the pain is just a cyst and I'll pray that it doesn't interfere in any way.

    ReplyDelete